Friday, March 20, 2009

Santa Barbara Harbor Whale

What do you do in Santa Barbara when you can't go flying? Well, you could always go hang out with our local harbor gray whale! On Tuesday after work I went down to the harbor by myself and jumped in one of my Dad's kayaks to see if I could find the whale that has been making the front page of the newspaper. Sure enough, he was out and about doing laps in the entrance of the harbor and I hung out for about 45 minutes before he took off. I thought I got a really cool video of him coming up next to my kayak but it turned out that I hadn't recorded it on my camera like I thought. I was so bummed because I couldn't show Ashley how close he got. So, the next day Ashley and I planned to go out together while she had a break at work. She did get to see him and it was really fun, though he never came that close and after a while he left again. By the time we went back in so Ash could go back to work my dad had just showed up and he wanted to go out so I figured this was my last chance to get a lucky shot. Out of pure luck, I got a really cool video. It's better if you click on the high quality (HQ) button and the full screen as well.



1 comment:

Britney said...

Love it Ben, that is amazing! Thanks for sharing.